DSP Architecture was formed in 1993 in succession to the original practice founded in 1954 by Douglas Stephen, as an atelier of like minded architects with a shared interest in a rational approach to design

 

The firm has acquired a diverse portfolio of completed buildings and projects - and a prevalent concern for context. At every scale in this work, the desire to create coherent spatial relationships with the surrounding fabric is a significant determinant in the design. Adaptation of existing buildings has played an important role in our work and we take pride and care in sensitive interventions and conservation of protected buildings.